Tuesday, April 30, 2013

SMART Exchange

SMART Notebook tools are interactive learning software that provides teachers with the essential tools to manage classrooms, assess students and encourages collaboration. It's designed to easily integrate with your existing classroom technology and your school's wireless network. It offers for easy transition between lesson creation and classroom management. More importantly, it keeps students focused on learning, easily assess student understanding, and encourages collaborative learning.

What all can be done with SMART Notebook tools?

For my future classroom, I could use SMART Notebook tools for the students benefit. I could have the students use My Home to personalize their home pages with photos, images, and information. This will provide students a glimpse into the lives of their fellow classmates. I could also have the students use My Binder to easily organize their schedules, assignments, and class notes. This tool uses labeling with keywords and other tags to ensure organization. This would be very beneficial for my students.
As the teacher, I could also incorporate SMART Notebook tools into the classroom instruction. I could use an interactive lesson delivery, which uses a wide variety of drawing, annotation, and presentation tools. It optimizes file saving and reduces image and video file sizes for easier storage. I could also share lessons with fellow teachers using SMART Notebook tools. An icon on the toolbar links you to the SMART exchange website, where I could also find lesson plans and get ideas from fellow teachers.
Overall, SMART Notebook tools are a GREAT way to enhance learning in the classroom- not only for the students, but for the teacher also!

No comments:

Post a Comment